Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Princess Cake

So I found a place near my house that rents cake pans! You heard correct! How great is that? That sure makes my job of making birthday cakes a heck of a lot easier! (and cheaper!) Who wants to take a wild guess at what this pan is for? Although it has plenty of other uses, if you paid any attention at all to the title of this post then you would have guessed a princess. You'd be right.


This old pan even came with instructions from the 1960's on how to bake the cake perfectly. It came out fabulous on the first try! I used a basic strawberry cake mixed with cheesecake flavored pudding for the cake and then iced it with the Wilton method buttercream frosting that I learned while taking a Wilton cake decorating class. I tinted the icing a shade of purple because purple is my nieces favorite color. And this is how it turned out!


I couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome! My husband even thought it was pretty cool. Did I forget to mention that he shares a birthday with my niece so this was technically his birthday cake as well? In all fairness, I told him he could pick whatever cake HE wanted next year for his birthday. Be on the lookout for a post about an extremely manly cake I made for my husbands birthday around March 2012. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...