Friday, October 28, 2011

Trunk-or-Treating and a Bad Smell Coming From the Bathroom (Not What You Would Think)

First things first, I should've been in bed HOURS ago, but instead I decided to get some errands done since I happened to get four kids sleeping by 9pm and I still had a little bit of energy left! I had actually shut down the computer about thirty minutes ago, but as soon as I stepped into the living room this is what went down...

Steve- Did you write your blog today?
Me- No.
Steve- That's how it starts...
Me-  .......

Me-10 minutes later, after getting ready for bed- Dammit, he's right. I should go blog.

So here I am, with the computer back on, doing what I said I was going to do everyday, blog. It may be past midnight, but to me it still counts as 'today' since I haven't been to sleep yet. Keeping all of this in mind, please don't mind my hyper punctuation and abundance of misspelled words. On that note...On with the show!



Spidey
 
This is our second Halloween living in the St. Louis area. Before moving here I had never heard of a trunk-or-treat. Basically, a bunch of cars line up in a parking lot at a school or church and they all decorate their trunks and kids walk from car to car getting candy. It's supposed to be a safe environment for the kids to go trick-or-treating and it's also a contest for the best dressed car/trunk. (not sure what you get if you win) It was more exciting than I thought it would be.

 Steve is the artist behind the face painting

Logan was so flustered by the amount of people, costumes, props, and candy, that he just walked around in a daze most of the time. At one point a woman was handing candy out of a pumpkin bucket that looked like his and he just kept trying to take the whole bucket out of her hands. He probably figured hers was more full so maybe she'd want to trade?

Aside from forgetting my camera, hence the lack of pictures, it was pretty fun. I think I will take the boys to one again next year. I like that it wasn't on Halloween because it definitely wasn't a replacement for the good old door to door trick-or-treating that we all know and love.

So we get home from trunk-or-treating and I'm getting everyone ready for bed when I realize that this horrible smell is coming from the sink in our bathroom, AGAIN! This happened a few months ago, we did a bunch of research online and the first thing we tried worked.

The problem there is that we thought we had fixed it so we forgot what we had used to make the smell go away. Once again we were back to square one. The smell first started coming back about a week or so ago and the first solution I found this time was to use baking soda and vinegar. The smell seemed to go away for about a day and then it came back full force! I guess that wasn't what we used the first time!

Next, I tried just straight bleach. Yeah, that had to be what we used last time, it's so strong.... WRONG! All it did was burn my nostrils and keep us from using the bathroom for awhile until the smell from that went away!

Within minutes of pouring the bleach down the drain it came to me! I know what we used last time! It was, AMMONIA! And it's a good thing I have a brain and didn't try to pour that down the drain when there was bleach sitting in there...

I think it would have been worse than the bad smell coming out of the drain. Crisis averted. Tonight when I realized the smell was still there, I tried the ammonia and so far it has worked like a charm! And because of my new found love for blogging, I will never again forget what I used to keep my sink from being smelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...