Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning


We do a lot of cooking with Mexican inspired flavors. Store bought taco seasonings for us are always hit or miss and for some reason, I can never remember what brand we like! Well, I think I just solved this problem!

My sister had mentioned to me years ago that homemade taco seasonings were the way to go. Don't ask me why it took me this long to try it out, because I don't know! I Googled taco seasonings, clicked on the first one that popped up, decided it sounded good, and tried it. Result - DELICIOUS! We didn't actually use it for tacos, but as a spice rub on baked chicken it was unbelievable! We will definitely try this on taco meat next time.


Homemade Taco Seasoning (taco seasoning)
  • 1 T. chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 tsp. sea salt
  • 1 tsp. black pepper
Mix everything together. Store in an airtight container.

It's as easy as that! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...