Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pear Tart


I make sure to grab a newspaper every weekend. I should probably just get it delivered to the house... some day. Anyways, with the paper comes Parade magazine. Every week, you can  find a different recipe in the back of the issue. The recipe a few weeks ago was for a pear tart. What do you know? I got a tart pan for Christmas that I've been dying to use! Now if only I had someone to make it for.

Wait, I do! My Father-in-law went out of town and my Mother-in-law was home alone for a few days. We invited her for dinner. Perfect excuse to make dessert, as if you need an excuse to make dessert! (also got to try out a new meal: Crockpot Parmesan Chicken With Orzo)

I made this while cleaning house and thought I accidentally over baked it. Turns out that the "well done" parts on the crust didn't taste well done at all! It was really tasty! I will keep this recipe handy for a future brunch, dinner party, or just when I'm in the mood to bake up a great dessert!


Pear Tart (adapted from the recipe found in Parade, March 4, 2012)
  • 1/2 C. unsalted butter, plus more for greasing pan
  • 1 lb. Anjou pears, cored and sliced 1/2 inch thick
  • 1 C. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1 C. plus 2 T. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Butter a tart pan. squeeze 1/2 of the lemon juice over the pears.

Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.

Cream the butter and 1 C. sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. (3 minutes) Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Beat the mixture on low just until the batter comes together. Spread in the prepared pan and chill for at least 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375. Arrange pears in tight concentric circles on top of dough. Squeeze remaining lemon juice evenly over pears.

Mix 2 T. sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over pears. Bake for 45-50 (at 45 mine was DONE)

Cool in pan for at least 10 minutes before serving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...