Friday, January 13, 2012

Chocolate Banana Frozen Delight


When bananas go brown I throw them in the freezer to save for banana bread. I have been looking for something a little healthier to do with them and I have found it!

If you have a sweet tooth, like me, I would highly recommend giving this a shot. I found this concoction on Pinterest... surprise, surprise. The link that was offered didn't work for me so I'm not sure where this originally came from.  I do however know how insanely simple yet tasty this is.











All you need is 2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder for every frozen banana you use.
















 Today I happened to have 4 bananas in my freezer, two were large and two were small. I used 2 T. cocoa powder for each of the large bananas and 1 T. for each of the small ones, so a total of 6 T. cocoa powder.You can adjust the amount to your liking.













I peeled the frozen bananas, placed them in the food processor (a blender would work too), and added the cocoa powder.











Then I had L press the ON button. It's so simple even a 3 year old can do it!












And voila! Chocolate Banana Frozen Delight.

Delightfully cold, smooth, sweet, and healthy(shhhh!)! It sure does a darn good job of taming my sweet tooth and to top it off, the kids loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...