Thursday, January 12, 2012

Biggest Loser Pancakes

First and foremost...Pinterest is addicting!! That being said, I stumbled upon this Biggest Loser pancake recipe during one of my hours of information overload. I was a little nervous to put all of these ingredients into a blender at the same time for fear of what they might come out tasting like. I hate wasting food and 6 egg whites out of my newly bought dozen along with half of the container of cottage cheese AND almost all of what was left of my rolled oats seemed like a lot if this recipe were to fail. But hey, you only live once right? 

Goodbye eggs...
....HELLLLLO Pancakes!!
           

Here is the recipe:
6 egg whites
1 C. rolled oats, dry
1 C. low-fat cottage cheese
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Heat skillet, spray with cooking spray. Scoop 1/4 c. portions of batter into the skillet. When the center starts to bubble flip the pancake over. Makes about 10 pancakes.

Holy cow that was easy and guess what? They were DELICIOUS!! Logan was practically begging for more! I had mine with a 1/2 of a banana sliced over the top and Logan dipped his in yogurt. Either way, I think I found my new "go to" pancake recipe!

I love when I can sneak nutrition into my kids' meals without them even noticing! I hope someone reading this will give it a try and if you do, let me know how you liked them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...