Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pistachio Pudding Pop Hearts

I was looking for a simple sweet snack today and just as I was about to give up, thinking we had nothing in the house, I noticed one lonely box of pistachio pudding hiding behind some spices in my baking cabinet! SCORE!
The thing that really made this an awesome find was that it would be ready in mere minutes. I could taste it already...


I had heart trays sitting on the counter just waiting to be used for some sort of Valentine's project and I decided now was their time to shine. This doesn't mean that they won't be used again for something else, but this would be perfect. I would make my pudding into frozen bite sized pieces.

Pistachio Pudding Pop Hearts
1 box pudding mix (pistachio or any flavor you like)
2 C. milk (whatever kind you choose, I chose skim)

silicone ice tray(s)
toothpicks

I mixed the pudding together, poured it into a liquid measuring cup, and then filled the silicone trays.

















 L helped me fill the second tray. We put them in the freezer and let them sit for about 1 hour.
We pulled them out of the freezer, popped them out of the trays and stuck toothpicks in them. (probably should have done that earlier in the process to keep them in place) They sure did start to melt quickly once we had them out of the freezer. After tasting a couple we put them back in the freezer in a freezer bag to pull out, one at a time, as we need them!
I love this idea because one serving of the pudding in the trays we used would be 8-9 hearts! When you are just eating pudding out of a cup that same serving size seems to disappear so quickly!
I hope you enjoy this simple snack idea as much as we did!
 


UPDATE: Drizzled with chocolate syrup = AMAZING!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...