Saturday, January 21, 2012

Samoas Babies


In honor of girl scout cookies going on sale today, I thought I would try out a recipe that I've been dying to try for some time. They are called Samoas Babies and this super easy recipe comes from, yet again, the Chocolate Covered Katie blog. I think I'm a little obsessed with the healthy twist she puts on desserts!



Samoas Babies
  • packed 1/2 C. dates
  • 2 T. unsweetened, shredded coconut
  • 1/16 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • scant 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1 T. chocolate chips (or more if you'd like) 
Put everything into the food processor and process!


Roll the mixture into 1-2 inch balls, flatten it into a pan and cut into squares, or enjoy it any way you'd like!


Due to the fact that I only had sweetened, flaked coconut on hand, that is what I used. I think it may have changed the outcome and made these a little overly sweet.

They didn't taste much like Samoas, at least not as much as I thought they would, but they were still tasty. I think I will try these again in the future with some unsweetened coconut like the recipe calls for and see if they are a little bit more to my liking. Overall these are a good treat if you are craving something sweet.

UPDATE: These are MUCH better if chilled for a few hours before eating. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...