I finally remembered to buy the chickpeas this week!! Let the experimenting begin!
Cookie Dough Dip
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained)
- 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
- tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Up to 1/4 cup nut butter (As little as 3 T.)
- Up to 1/4 cup milk of choice (Start with 1 T, and add more as needed)
- Up to 2/3 C. brown sugar (As little as 3 T.)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 to 3 T oats (or flaxmeal) (You can omit, but also omit the milk if you do)
- For the nut butter, I used peanut butter. I filled the 1/4 C. measuring cup, but then only used about 1/2 of that.
- For the brown sugar, I used about 1/3 C. It was pretty sweet and I probably could have used less.
- My milk of choice was skim milk. I poured 1/4 C. into my liquid measuring cup and added it little by little while the food processor was running. I ended up using just under 1/4 C.
- I used 3 T. old fashioned oats
Place everything except for the chocolate chips into a food processor and blend away! Get it as smooth as you can. Once you get it to the right consistency, scoop it into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
I didn't tell anyone what was in this and did a little taste test on four kids and two adults (myself being one).
Out of the four kids: one loved it, two thought it was ok, and one didn't like it. No horrible faces were made while tasting it and no one spit it out. That being said only one of the kids went back for more, can you guess who? (Logan!) The only comment Steve made was "This is pretty good, but it doesn't taste like cookie dough." I'm wondering if they would have liked it more had a put the whole amount of brown sugar and peanut butter in? Maybe I'll try to please everyone another day, but for now at least I was completely satisfied with the results! And if no one else likes it...more for me!