Monday, February 6, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake


We are leaving for Chicago in just a few moments but I knew I HAD to get this recipe posted before we left. This post will be short, but don't let that fool you, I could talk about this cake all day if I had to. That's how good it was!

I made this chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough cake last night for my nephew's birthday party. (His actually birthday is today--HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER!) After the cake was served I couldn't believe how many people were saying things like, "I can't believe how delicious this is","this is the best cake I've ever had", and "this is my new favorite cake"! The comments just kept on coming! A great big thank you to Tyler for the inspiration to make this cake!


Hershey's 'Perfectly Chocolate' Chocolate Cake (from the back of the unsweetened coco powder)  

  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup HERSHEY®'S Cocoa Powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup boiling water
Heat oven to 350 F. 
Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
Pour batter into prepared pans.Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. 

I used an 8in. round cake pan and poured all of the batter in and baked for about 50-55min. It turned out perfectly

Now for the good stuff, the cookie dough frosting! I am so thankful that I found this website. If you get a chance you should check it out, so many interesting cupcake flavors and great ideas! 

Cookie Dough Frosting (cookie dough frosting)

  • 2 C all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 3/4 C unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 C packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 C white sugar
  • 1 T vanilla extract
  • 4 T milk
  • Any amount of any mix-in you'd like - (chocolate chips, nuts, fruit, etc.)
  • 1 1/2 C. heavy cream 
  1. Mix all ingredients in a big bowl except for heavy cream.  
  2. Mix 1/2 C. heavy cream for each cup of dough. (I believe I used 1 1/2 C. total) 
  3. Frost chocolate cake. ENJOY! I guess I don't have to tell you that. One taste and you will know what I'm talking about. 
This was the first frosting I have ever made that had flour as an ingredient and I couldn't believe how tasty it was! This cake was a HUGE success and I think I know what Tyler will be asking for on his birthday each year. Let's see how many more times I get requests for this cake throughout this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...