Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Simple Crockpot Shredded Fiesta Chicken


Isn't it a great feeling when you know you have just created something wonderful and it only took two ingredients! In my mind, on the first day that I made this, I thought I was totally onto something. I threw 2 ingredients into the crockpot, let them cook all day, and voila! A delicious dinner was served. Little did I know that I, in fact, did not create anything at all. This recipe (if you can even call it that) had been around for who knows how long and all it took was the good ole internet to burst my bubble.

We have made this recipe twice now. The first time was a few weeks ago and it was only because I found a giant jar of picante sauce at one of my favorite stores on clearance for $1.26. We love salsa in this house and I know how expensive it can be, especially for a 30 oz. jar! I basically stole that giant jar of sauce right out from under them! I guess they figured it out because when i went back the next day to buy a few extra jars, they had either sold out of the ones that were on clearance or taken all of the little clearance stickers off because they realized they were losing money on them! Darn!

Anyways, the first time I made it with just picante sauce and chicken breasts and served it over rice. The second time, I added some cumin and served it on a tostada shell and let everyone put their own toppings on! Either way, YUMMY!


Simple Crockpot Shredded Fiesta Chicken (made by me...until I realized it wasn't! find another version here.)
  • 2 boneless,skinless chicken breasts
  • 15 oz. picante sauce (or enough to cover the chicken)
  • 1 T. cumin
 Place chicken breasts in crockpot. Pour picante sauce over them. Add cumin and give it a little stir. Cook on high 4-5 hours. Shred chicken with two forks. Add extra picante sauce at this point if needed. Cook an additional hour on low to soak in some of the juices. Serve over rice, on tacos, on a bun....however you like it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...