Sunday, February 26, 2012

Healthy Breakfast "Cookies"


 This recipe has been circling like crazy on Pinterest. I figured I should just try them to form my own opinion. They are easy to make and contain things that can be found in an ordinary pantry.

With the help of L, I whipped up a batch of these on Saturday morning. I measured all of the ingredients, he dumped them into the bowl, then we mixed it together. So simple. The hardest thing was waiting the 35 minutes for them to bake.

They basically taste like chunky oatmeal. The were pretty good right out of the oven (think hot, thick bowl of oatmeal that you can pick up and take a bite out of) and they seemed to be an even bigger hit with L after they had been refrigerated. He has asked for these for his snack the last few days. Whether or not it's because I have been referring to them as breakfast COOKIES is another story. They are healthy, he is asking for them, and that's all that matters to me!


Breakfast "Cookies" (no link to follow on the pin, just the recipe on the bottom--if this is your recipe please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due)

Preheat oven to 350

1 1/2 C. oats
2 super ripe bananas
1 C. unsweetened applesauce
handful of Craisins
Cinnamon to taste

 Dump everything into a bowl, mix it up, drop by spoonfulls onto a baking sheet.
 Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...